Friday, April 5, 2013

Orla Kiely AW13 Presentation during London Fashion Week

Quiet Please! Typing Pool!

I am simply amazed by how creative this season's London Fashion Week designers have been in creating and choreographing their presentations. I think I enjoyed my time far more going to presentations than attending the actual catwalk shows. One of my favourites this season was Orla Kiely's typing pool presentation. I also noticed the reactions around me, and there is no doubt that everyone enjoyed travelling back in time, watching models at work in a very retro environment.

As you will see from the many, many pictures I have uploaded, (I took more than 400 and could barely stop myself from actually uploading them all, if only the internet speed and time could allow that) we had models playing their secretarial, administrative roles so well that it seemed as though we were actually intruding into their work environment. The office space was designed and equipped with dial phones, old desks, vintage, industrial metallic drawer units and beautiful girls wearing pieces from the latest AW13 Orla Kiely collection. With smokey, accentuated eyes, big, volumized hair, the models did such a great job in making us simply excited to be there and witness all of it. Some were busy typing,  others would socialize and giggle , whilst others would keep concentrated on filing and reading, what one would assume, were some extremely important documents. 

The models would rotate from time to time to go change, leaving room for other girls to come and pose for us, welcoming us into Orla Kiely's collars and prints wonderland!







No comments:

Post a Comment