Thursday, June 13, 2013

Royal College of Art - MA Graduation Show 2013 Womenswear Ana Corina Del Pinal Saenz


Ana Corina Del Pinal Saenz
– Oscar Wilde.


'The very essence of romance is uncertainty.' 
This quote from Oscar Wilde sticks in my head when I look at my mood board. I see a real sense of uncertainty and spontaneity, and these are the two themes of romance that I have focused on. The colours give off a melancholic feel, but to me that adds to romanticism of my collection. The juxtaposition of these themes with the more conventional outlook of romance is an exciting route for me to explore. I feel that applying silicone to conventional delicate fabrics such as silk highlights this contrast.

Collaboration: Yang Zhao (Textiles)
Degrees: BA, Fashion Design, Istituto Marangoni, 2008
Work Experience: Intern, Gareth Pugh, London, 2008–10


No comments:

Post a Comment